The ending of the TV show Game of Thrones was met with mixed reactions from fans and viewers worldwide. While some enjoyed the final season and thought the ending was satisfying, many others were left disappointed and dissatisfied with how the story concluded.
As a result, a significant number of people, including myself, have discussed and thought about alternative endings to the show. Some have suggested different outcomes for characters such as Daenerys Targaryen or Jon Snow, while others have proposed entirely new directions for the plot.
Despite the differences in opinion, it is clear that the Game of Thrones ending has remained a topic of discussion and debate among fans long after the show’s final episode aired. Whether one likes or dislikes the ending, it cannot be denied that the show has left a lasting impact on popular culture and the entertainment industry.
So, I collected a couple of alternative endings and would be excited to know, what you think about them.
- Jon Snow takes the Iron Throne: In this alternate ending, Jon Snow embraces his Targaryen heritage and becomes the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. He marries Daenerys Targaryen, and the two rule together, bringing peace to the Seven Kingdoms.
- Sansa Stark becomes Queen in the North: After defeating the Night King and surviving the Battle of Winterfell, Sansa Stark returns to her home in the North. With the help of her loyal bannermen and the support of her family, she declares independence from the Iron Throne and becomes the first Queen in the North.
- Arya Stark becomes a Faceless Assassin: After her experiences in Braavos, Arya Stark decides to continue her training as a Faceless Man. She becomes a skilled assassin and travels the world, taking out those who threaten the peace and justice she fights for.
- Daenerys Targaryen reforms the Seven Kingdoms: Instead of succumbing to madness, Daenerys Targaryen realizes the error of her ways and decides to rule with compassion and justice. She creates a new system of government that brings democracy and equality to the Seven Kingdoms.
- Bran Stark becomes a benevolent ruler: After being crowned King of the Six Kingdoms, Bran Stark uses his powers as the Three-Eyed Raven to guide his people towards a brighter future. He becomes a just and wise ruler, using his knowledge of the past and present to make the best decisions for his people.
- Tyrion Lannister becomes King: After the Battle of King’s Landing, Tyrion Lannister is chosen as the new ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. He uses his wit and intelligence to bring peace and prosperity to the realm, despite his past mistakes.
- The Night King Wins: In a dark and unexpected twist, the Night King emerges victorious in the Battle of Winterfell. He kills off the remaining human survivors and transforms the Seven Kingdoms into a new land of ice and death.
- Bran Stark Becomes the Night King: In this alternative ending, Bran Stark is turned into the Night King during the Battle of Winterfell. He eventually comes to realize the error of his ways and sacrifices himself to save humanity from his own undead army.
- The Red Wedding Never Happens: In this alternate timeline, Robb Stark marries Roslin Frey without betraying Walder Frey. The Starks and Tullys are not killed at the infamous Red Wedding, and the War of the Five Kings never happens.
- Daenerys Targaryen Dies in Childbirth: In this tragic ending, Daenerys Targaryen dies giving birth to her and Jon Snow’s child. Jon takes the baby and flees to the North, raising his child in secrecy and vowing never to seek the Iron Throne.
- Jon Snow becomes King of the Seven Kingdoms: After Daenerys Targaryen’s death, Jon Snow realizes that he is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Instead of refusing to rule, he accepts the responsibility and becomes King of the Seven Kingdoms. He marries Sansa Stark, bringing the North back into the fold, and rules justly and wisely.
- The White Walkers win the War for the Dawn: In this alternate ending, the White Walkers succeed in their mission to wipe out humanity. The Night King, Bran Stark, and the Three-Eyed Raven achieve their goal of ending the endless cycle of violence and destruction that has plagued the world. However, they also realize that their victory has come at a great cost and that they have become the new rulers of a frozen wasteland.
- Daenerys Targaryen reforms the Seven Kingdoms: Instead of burning King’s Landing and descending into madness, Daenerys Targaryen realizes that her actions were wrong and seeks to make amends. She reforms the Seven Kingdoms, creating a new system of government that prioritizes justice and fairness for all people.
- The Starks create an independent North: In this alternate ending, the Starks realize that the Seven Kingdoms are too divided to ever truly be united. They declare independence for the North and create a new, independent kingdom with themselves as the ruling family. The other kingdoms remain independent as well, with alliances and trade agreements negotiated between them.
- Jon Snow discovers his true parentage much earlier: Instead of waiting until the final season to reveal Jon Snow’s true parentage, the showrunners choose to reveal it much earlier. This would allow for more complex character development for both Jon and Daenerys, as they navigate their newfound relationship and the implications it has for their respective claims to the Iron Throne.
- The Night King is defeated in a different way: Rather than killing the Night King in the Battle of Winterfell, the remaining Starks and their allies decide to try and negotiate with him. They discover that he is not a mindless monster, but rather a sentient being who has his own motivations and reasons for wanting to invade Westeros. Through careful diplomacy, they are able to negotiate a peace agreement, and the Night King returns to the North with his army of White Walkers.
- Daenerys and Jon rule together: After discovering Jon’s true parentage, Daenerys realizes that he has a stronger claim to the Iron Throne than she does. However, instead of trying to eliminate him, she decides to marry him and rule together. Together, they create a new system of government that takes into account the desires of both the people and the nobility.